Scotland, United Kingdom
Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer, Corrosion Engineering
Other Skills: RBI, PSSR, API
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Senior Integrity Engineer - Aberdeenshire
Eden Scott is recruiting on behalf of their client, a leading Oil and Gas company in North East Aberdeenshire who is looking for a Senior Integrity Engineer to join their team.
Summary of the role:
- Supporting the integrity team in the safe and efficient management of asset integrity activities associated with the installed equipment at the asset through delivering technical engineering advice, projects, standards and processes.
- Will report to the Lead integrity engineer
- Will be responsible for complying with relevant legislation that is of paramount important with regards to the organizational process of the firm and is in relation to Pressure Safety Systems.
- Effectively managing RBI revalidation programs as well as generating written schemes of examination (WSE) for applicable equipment, while also ensuring that all inspections are completed in accordance with the relevant requirements and that due date compliance for all equipment is followed.
- Be in continuous interaction with an individual competent in pressure systems safety regulations.
- Being responsible for the technical approval of inspection due date deferrals and providing notification to competent person or relevant body.
- Carrying out the internal inspections work pack review.
- Carrying out the inspection report review from inspection services contractor as well as approving the remedial actions.
- Carrying out the third party specialist vendor report review including but not limited to vibration analysis, CP data review, stress analysis and structural calculations.
- Responsible for overseeing anomaly assessment and performing fitness for service assessments.
- Responsible for ensuring the firm acts in accordance with the OIAVS performance standards versification audit enactment.
- Continually supporting integrity lead with generation of integrity procedures where required as well as providing technical review of integrity documentation generated by bother members of the team.
- Overseeing the failure investigations where required.
- Involvement with annual integrity internal audit program.
- Generation of technical reports and integrity procedures where required
- Provision of inspection and integrity related technical expertise where required
- Complete required technical reports, presentations, policies, practices, investigations, system updating and maintaining and training, to support the delivery of responsibilities.
- Develop, maintain and demonstrate own competency.
- Positively present the role of Senior Integrity Engineer.
Primary requirements of the candidate must include:
- Essential: Degree in mechanical of related discipline (or equivalent)
- Desirable: Incorporated engineer status, functional or process safety qualification, management qualification, inspector courses such as API 510, 570.
- Skills, knowledge and experience
- Essential: Working at engineer level in a 24/7 high hazard process in a corrosion or pressure system integrity management role. Application of the following:
- Corrosion mechanisms, degradation mitigation, inspection & interpretation techniques, cathodic protection.
- UK engineering legislation: working to high hazard & COMAH rules, standards, procedures & instructions: PSSR, PUWER, API 580.
- RBI Assessment, failure analysis, stress analysis, WSE & inspections.
- Completing integrity assessments to meet company/statutory standards.
- Operational support: coordinating inspections, outages & projects. Identifying issues & action close out.
- Incident, fault audits & investigations identifying root cause problems & providing solutions.
- Anomaly assessment & completion of fitness for service & wall thickness verification assessments to API 579/570.
- Calculations, technical reporting, bid evaluations & presentation preparation & delivery.
- Sign off of inspection results for terminal equipment providing feedback & action management.
- Development of integrity strategies and procedures.
- Working to quality management systems.
- Intermediate level in Microsoft office.
- Electronic integrity management systems.
- Inspector role as part of IS017020 inspection body.
- Industry guidance on aging assets.
- Technical supervision & development of integrity teams.
- Optimization of maintenance inspection frequencies, giving input into revision of RBI schemes.
- Analyzing vibration data. Completing fatigue assessments.
- RBI/AIM software