Gaffney, Cline & Associates (GCA) is an international petroleum consultancy, which has been operating worldwide for over 55 years. GCA focuses solely on the petroleum and energy industry, and specializes in the provision of policy, strategy, technical and commercial assistance to governments, financial institutions, and national and international oil, gas and energy companies worldwide.
GCA employs a combination of commercial and technical professionals with its main offices in the United Kingdom, United States and Singapore and supporting offices in Argentina, Australia and Dubai. These professionals encompass all upstream technical disciplines (geology, geophysics, petrophysics, reservoir engineering, drilling and completion and development planning/facilities engineering), with midstream and downstream engineering and economics, commercial, legal and business strategy professionals.
GCA is a subsidiary of Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE), the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. Role Summary:
Reservoir EngineerEssential Responsibilities:
- Provide reservoir engineering input to multi-disciplinary projects, including field development planning, reservoir performance analysis, and reserves estimation and auditing;
- Conduct reservoir engineering studies using appropriate, state of the art techniques including reservoir simulation, material balance, decline curve analysis, well test analysis, PVT and SCAL data analysis;
- Advise clients on reservoir engineering matters;
- Conduct reserves and resources evaluations and audits;
- Manage projects, acting as the principal point of contact for the client;
- Contribute to business development activities, both with existing and potential new clients;
- Represent GCA externally for example through technical publications and/or active participation in industry organizations.
- Masters level in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent as a minimum.
- Up to 25% business travel
- Excellent problem solving skills with a drive for results;
- Action oriented, ethical with a strong client focus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Able to work both independently and as part of multi-disciplined teams;
- Highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge and experience of reservoir simulation, material balance, decline curve analysis, PVT and SCAL data analysis, reserves and resources evaluation;
- Basic understanding of related technical disciplines and familiarity with the workings of multi-disciplined reservoir and field development studies;
- Good project management skills.
Alton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Baker Hughes, a GE company and Gaffney, Cline & Associates are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.