Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Jandakot, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Subsea Production Controls Application Engineer has the technical responsibility for controls aspects of FEED studies and tenders; specifying power, communications, instrumentation, process control and chemical injection equipment to satisfy customer needs.
Essential Responsibilities:Take a lead role in the technical execution of Subsea Production Controls aspects of tenders and FEED studies ranging from controls only to EPC projects.
- Review of client technical specifications
- Produce technical write-ups, Equipment Overview Sheets & Product Data Sheets.
- Produce pricing BOM's
- Review and execute clarifications within tender development and post-submittal
- Interface with the product centre of excellence for strategic decisions
- Interface with the Chief Engineers office for certification of risk mitigation in design
- Interface with business development and account managers in the pursuit and support of new business
- Communicate with vendors for the supply of third party equipment
- Ensure compliance with company and Industry specifications relating to the design and build of Subsea Production Controls equipment.
This role comprises 10-20% travel for technical clarification meetings and presentations to clientsQualifications/Requirements:- Master's Degree in Chemical, Controls or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university (or equivalent)
- Product design experience in Production Controls Equipment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- 5 years experience in Subsea
- Effective Problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and written skills
Desired Characteristics:- Previous experience in Tendering/FEED/projects
- Commercial and contracts experience
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more