Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
BHGE is looking for a Commercial Contracts Counsel to cover our European region (North Sea & Continental Europe).Essential Responsibilities:
- Advise, negotiate and draft commercial customer facing agreements, as well as subcontract agreements, and prepare associated documentation (financial guarantee; letter of intent; pre-bid agreement or confidentiality agreement), across the Oilfield Services Product Company (OFS) and other BHGE Product Companies.
- Liaise and work with the OFS Contracts & Commercial teams.
- Communicate with the sales and operations teams regarding contracting policies, procedures and processes.
- Resolve issues arising from existing and potential commercial relationships.
- Evaluate legal risks and provide advice regarding contractual risk issues; provide business-oriented solutions.
- Update contracts database with entries for work performed and review status.
- Conduct Legal Contract training seminars for the sales personnel and other departments.
- The role could involve travels within Europe.
- Proven experience in international commercial contracts review, drafting and negotiation.
- UK solicitor and/or French recognised legal qualification (avocat or juriste d'entreprise, preferably with an LLM).
- The successful candidate must be fluent in French & English (spoken and written).
- Oil & Gas or similar industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Detail oriented and results focused.
London or Aberdeen, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more