Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Oceaneering AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Systems Engineer applies a working knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals to provide guidance to the division's engineering and design activities under the direction of a Program Manager. The Systems Engineer will be required to interact with other OTECH personnel and the client to guide engineering efforts to meet the client's requirements. The Systems Engineer will provide guidance to engineering design efforts through the development of systems engineering documentation, including: concepts of operations, requirements specifications, interface control documents and drawings, hazard analysis, test plans and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Generates user requirements, concept of operations documents, and assists in development of high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Prepares concept of operations, interface control documents, hazard analysis, and test plans and procedures.
- Displays excellent technical judgment, attention to detail, and ability to look at the "big picture" in system design
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and client.
- Some travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Systems Engineering.
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 0-2 years of practical experience in Systems Engineering.
- Experience with contributing to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, , requirements specifications, and interface control documents
- Developing system requirements and derived requirements. Assisting with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- participating in the development of system engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents
- Working knowledge with an SEDB tool (CRADLE, DOORS etc)
- 0-2 Years of experience at the design engineering level
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.