Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kenedy, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently hiring for a Journeyman Electrician with previous Oil & Gas experience in Kenedy,TX to install, maintain, and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical equipment, wiring and fixtures, and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables and wires to machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and fixtures using test equipment.
- Repair or replace faulty electric components, wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Test malfunctioning or broken equipment using test equipment, and discuss malfunction with other workers to diagnose malfunction.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Place conduit, pipes or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, structures or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Determine appropriate actions for work performed based on written, diagrammatic, and/or verbal instructions received
- Prepares written work orders for other personnel to complete repair, maintenance, installation and testing tasks
- Informs supervisor of repairs that require a higher level of expertise
- Determines causes of defective performance and reports findings to supervisor
- Replaces faulty wiring and electrical components such as relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards and position sensing devices
- Maintains records of repairs, calibrations and tests by entering data into handwritten logs or computer databases, where applicable
- Maintains current technical knowledge of government and company policies, codes and regulations
- Interprets readings of meters, gauges, pumps, compressors, instrument readings and charts to determine operational capabilities
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all electrical equipment
- Prepares written or computer-generated purchase orders when necessary
- Maintains proper levels of equipment inventories
- Responsible for following safety procedures and maintaining safety data
- Adhering to all safety requirements, local NEC, and NEC codes
Skills / Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Post-Secondary Certificate desirable- awarded for training completed after high school.
- Minimum 4 years in craft, including helper and apprentice roles.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years as journeyman working in an industrial environment.
- READING: The employee must have the ability to read safety requirements, instructions in the correct use and maintenance of shop tools and be able to read and understand methods and procedures that are present on drawings, layout work, and just specifications.
- WRITING: Must have the ability to write simple reports with the correct format using spelling and grammar. (English)
- SPEAKING: Must have the ability to speak using correct English with a well-modulated voice.
- The minimum math ability usually associated with this classification is the ability to calculate surface areas, translate these figures into a bill of material which can be used to complete a specific job. Employees must be able to use variable and formulas which are normally found in most industry approved trade hand books. Also, employees must be familiar with the O.S.H.A. requirements for the type work that is being performed.
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- The employee must understand that the reporting system used for problems and information is as follows: 1) Crew leader, 2) Foreman, 3) General Foreman, and 4) Superintendent.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com â\u20ac¯
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.