The Director of Turbine Repair and Manufacturing Operations is accountable for building and leading the Turbine Operations business unit. The scope of accountabilities includes the new product introduction and serial production of engine component parts; both new manufactured parts and the repair processing used serviceable parts.
Essential Job Functions
- Health, safety, & environmental (HS&E) regulatory compliance, policy compliance, and results for the areas of operational accountability.
- Quality, Cost, Delivery and Responsiveness
- Maximize the return on capital employed (facility, assets and working capital).
- Team member capabilities, capacity, and effective resource utilization matched to the business demands.
- Identification and implementation of improvement opportunities on a continual basis.
- Commissioning & start-up standards and processes, and compliance with those standards and processes.
- Identification of operational problems supported by timely and effective problem solving.
- Participates in Sales & Operations Planning process to properly plan the business capability, capacity and resource utilization to deliver outputs matched to business demands.
- Participates in the new product development strategy and develops plans to deliver the introduction of new make and repair parts into the operations.
- Collaborates with the VP of Operations in creating the strategy. Develops tactical plans manages execution of tactical plans to deliverable outcomes, cost, and schedule to realize the agreed strategy.
- Effective communications at all organizational levels, embracing transparent management and business process, and practicing agile tactical and strategic planning.
- Utilizes the Manufacturing Execution System
- Operates the business unit based on meaningful data and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Operation through embracing a "best practices" philosophy focused on improving each operational function, as well as coordinating and communicating between support and business functions.
B.S. or B.A. in General Business Administration and at least 10 years of directly related work experience in product manufacture and/or repair.
- Strong technical competence in MES, machine tools, and manufacture of close tolerance, highly engineered products using super alloys and advance coating systems.
- Understanding the functions and critical to quality (CTQs) characteristics of gas turbine components is preferred.
- Demonstrated capabilities and results in formal project management planning & control.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, with a basic understanding of physics, materials, electricity and mathematics.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills.
- Must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.