Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Katy, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager, this position conducts troubleshooting, repairs, and preventative maintenance on machines critical to the
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform preventative maintenance functions on machine shop equipment.
- Daily housekeeping and fluid replenishment.
- Operate overhead crane and other capacity lifting equipment (Forklift) safely (training provided).
- Be proficient with the Maintenance documentation and maintenance databases.
- Complete comprehension of the machine-monitoring program.
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools used in industrial mechanic trade.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and drawing used in the maintenance department.
- Identify the difference between electrical and mechanical repairs and be able to troubleshoot all types of problems and make recommendations for such repairs.
- Ability to identify and make preventive maintenance recommendations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience and Competencies:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Previous industrial maintenance experience
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Key Competencies:
- Basic computer skills required for record keeping duties.
- Lifting 50 pounds occasionally, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Standing / walking for up to 12 hours.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders
- Strict compliance to Schlumberger Safety and Environmental rules and guidelines is expected. Personal Protective Equipment compliance is mandatory.
- Chemicals (acetone, machining coolants and lubricants, general cleaners) in use daily.
- Noise (normal machine shop)
- Climate controlled shop
NOTE: These job descriptions are not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Schlumberger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.