Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges; making flights safer, power cheaper, and oil & gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging data and analytics. Data Engineer will work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions, working across BHGE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.
The Sr Data Engineer, they will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in BHGE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors.
In this role you are expected to :
- Be Proficient in at least one data modality (e.g., text, numeric, image), conversant in more than one.
- Implement Data warehouse & Big/Small data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency at industry standard data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin, ER Studio, etc.).
- Integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements. Look across multiple systems, understands the purpose of each system and defines data requirements by systems.
- Identify downstream implications of data loads/migration (e.g., data quality, regulatory, etc.)
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) with minimum 5 years of experience as data engineer.
• A minimum of 2 year of experience using Hadoop ecosystem, Map-Reduce, Spark, NoSQL (HBase, MongoDB etc.), Cassandra is required
• A minimum of 2 year of experience using Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc.) is required
• A minimum of 2 years of experience with Core Java, Java WebServices development SOAP, REST APIs
• A minimum of 1 year of experience working on Database(s), SQL is required
• Must be willing to travel
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
• Develop and test data engineering solutions including data modeling, data quality and semantic/meta data development.
• Basic level knowledge in area of modeling expertise (e.g., data, physics, or domain driven). Aware of basic forms of modeling and how they apply to different types of data (e.g., text, voice, image, survival, time dependent, etc.)
• Conducts exploratory data analysis and generates visual summaries of data. Identifies data quality issues.
• Actively identifies needs for novel methods/tools and works with team to invent as necessary. Validates new tools and methodologies.
• Demonstrates knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) & the levers that support the business goals.
• Offers data solutions as a method to achieve business objectives.
• Understands basic functionality and interoperability of product modules / components.
• Does a comparison analysis of trends, implements action towards new direction/trend.
• Articulates the value proposition of existing technology capabilities and maps them to customer requirements to minimize incremental cost of development.
• Works effectively with multi-disciplinary teams (e.g., UX, GE Business teams) and understands the interconnections between them.
• Uses teamwork skills to achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict.
• Creates a trusting and cooperative environment fostering creativity and knowledge sharing.
• Identifies multiple solutions & provides in depth scenario analyses.
• Identifies and explores alternative solutions. Effectively transitions the solution creation process into action. Identifies solutions that can be proven as both feasible and efficient for creating business value. Prioritizes effectively.
• Demonstrated awareness of presentation and influencing skills
• Asks appropriate questions needed to translate an abstract problem into a quantifiable analysis for identifying solutions.
• Seeks out processes and ideas that are out of the norm.
• Continuous leaner.
• Demonstrated awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more