Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
To undertake detailed electrical design and development activities for assigned projects, in accordance with industry and customer specific codes and standards, per company established engineering procedures and standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review technical proposals, customer specifications and drawings on assigned projects and work in collaboration with the electrical design engineer and project manager on clarifying technical issues that may arise with the customer throughout the project lifecycle.
- Generate complete electrical packages for customer review and approval including equipment layouts/floor plans and elevations, SLDs, schematics, AC/DC distribution and panel schedules, lighting and utility drawings, cable tray layouts, etc. along with the associated BOM.
- Utilizing appropriate specifications, codes and standards, perform necessary electrical calculations such as sizing for transformers, AC/DC Panels and UPS systems, cable/wire ampacity, conduit fill and voltage drop, etc.
- Ensure designs comply with applicable codes and industry standards (NEC, IBC, IEEE, NFPA, etc.) to facilitate third party certification (TDLR, etc.) when required.
- Assist the project manager to work up material requirements for any change orders that may occur.
- Interface with customers and vendors/suppliers on technical clarifications they may have, including review of technical documents as required.
- Incorporate customer feedback and revisions while meeting project deadlines.
- Work with the mechanical engineering team to ensure requirements are current for building design loads and clearances.
- Perform additional functions as required by management.
- Bachelors or Associates of electrical engineering, engineering technology, or technical degree preferred.
- Electrical design or integration experience with Power Distribution Centers (PDC's), E-Houses or related equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical AC/DC distribution systems, low voltage and medium voltage switchgear, MCCs, transformers, substation battery systems, control and automation (PLC, DCS, SCADA), VFDS's and other equipment/systems typically installed within PDCs.
- Working knowledge of codes and standards (NEC, IBC and NFPA) requirements such as cable sizing (power, grounding and control) and overcurrent protection, to create compliant designs.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD (R16 or later). Additional experience with AutoCAD Electrical a plus.
- Ability to read prints, schematics, specifications and technical literature and communicate appropriate details to others clearly and effectively.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.