Offers the opportunity as an experienced Cementing Technical Support Engineer to join the team in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.Essential Responsibilities:
- Be primary interface to Operator for full Scope of Work oversight and management of Cementing SOW.
- Daily contact with Operator's technical representative for design of cementing operation.
- Work closely with client and contractor On/Offshore personnel to insure active involvement in operations.
- Design of cement slurries and spacers designs necessary for the conditions of each well section.
- Ensure fluids and cement are fit for purpose from a quality perspective.
- Inventory control and logistic planning (personnel, tools and additives).
- Coordination and direction to the Cementing laboratory for testing requirements, heating requirements based on simulations, static gel strength, mechanical properties, gas block validation on critical slurries, etc.
- Run computer simulations in order to properly plan cementing operation.
- Develop detailed documented work programs and procedures for each job and support budget development with client.
- Work closely with drilling fluids provider to optimize mud performance prior to conducting cement job.
- Ensure strict adherence to Baker Hughes Operational Quality Plan.
- Participate in the Pre Well Planning processes.
- Capture KPI, be an active participant and sponsor in the use of the systems for quality measurement (First Alert/ Fracas /Maximo / HES reporting etc.)
- Promote reliability and high performance culture (follow up KPI including HSE and identify areas of improvements).
- First point of contact for any rig need (maintenance, inventory, etc.)
- Ensure timely invoicing process.
- Provide required input to discharge permits with ongoing follow up to keep client informed of actual operations and discharge permit management.
- Follow up and review of job evaluation with client and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Preferably, a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Engineering subject or extended operational and lab experience from cementing operations.
- Proven experience within Cementing services roles.
- Thorough understanding of rig operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills within a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in use of computer based programs related to application of products and engineering of wells.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia