Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon Oil Corporation is an international energy company engaged in exploration and production. The Company holds significant acreage in Oklahoma, focusing on SCOOP and STACK development.
Marathon Oil's Oklahoma Subsurface team is seeking an experienced Engineering technician. The candidate will be expected to work closely with multidisciplinary team and management in support of a variety of development activities and functions. This position will report to the Development Supervisor for the Oklahoma Resource Basin and will be located in Houston, TX.
- Identify and implement process improvements related to existing workflows
- Maintain various engineering databases through thorough QC and regular updates (ARIES, Access, Excel)
- Support team in data analytics through use of Spotfire or similar tools.
- Compile and manipulate data from a variety of sources to assist with technical analysis.
- Creation of new wells in ARIES
- Assist with creation and maintenance of Type Curves and Portfolio well lists
- Building effective networks within Marathon for knowledge of business processes and applications
- Ability to understand and run basic economics for development planning and performance reviews
- Provide application support to technical staff, when necessary
- Minimum HS diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience. Major: Science, Computer Science, or Math preferred.
- 3+ years' experience supporting multi-disciplinary teams in a technical capacity. Oil and gas industry preferred, Oklahoma development experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with IHS / Drilling Info, ARIES, Enersight, Spotfire, Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis in Excel and Access. Experience with databases, Harmony, programming, and/or SAP is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, teamwork, analytical skills and strong organization & planning skills.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Other Corporate Functions || Not Applicable || || 30133 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.