- Manage and perform the preliminary engineering design and processes for Solar plants, including initial equipment selections
- Work closely with Procurement, Engineering and Transmission teams to support equipment selection, pricing, and qualification for Solar projects.
- Work with ArcGIS software to organize and manage project site constraints such as detailed terrain maps, wetland features, flood zone delineations, and other existing exclusion areas with associated construction limitations and setback requirements (such as transmission lines, wetlands, public roadways, pipelines, etc.)
- Work with AutoCAD Civil 3D to convert and prepare all project site data for integration into detailed conceptual layouts and models of utility-scale solar plants
- Utilize various data sets to create proposed project boundary delineations and exclusion zones
- Work within AutoCAD and Helios3D to design conceptual layouts of utility-scale solar farms using value engineering approach in power block sizing, design of cable management, and Medium Voltage (MV) AC collection circuits
- Collaborate closely with various departments throughout the development cycle - Project Development, Origination, Procurement, Energy Assessment, Engineering, Construction and Operations
- Analyze and evaluate disruptive solar technologies as part of project design efforts as the PV market evolves
- Provide technical support to transmission and development teams for interconnection applications
- Provide reports to management by producing regular and frequent project status updates and other reporting documents
- Communicate information continuously and effectively to cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical field
- Technical project management and engineering experience
- Experience in solar industry required.
- Experience in ArcGIS software is preferred
- Experience in AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or PVSyst
- Proficient knowledge of full suite of Microsoft Office software; high proficiency in Excel required
- Advanced knowledge of Solar PV technology is preferred
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.