Excellent opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work for an entrepreneurial company that engineers, owns, installs and operates distributed generation equipment for commercial and industrial clients across the Nation. Responsibilities
- Review electrical design of CHP projects for compliance with design intent, utility interconnection requirements and codes & standards.
- Review specifications of major equipment (Generators, Transformers, Switchgear, Protective Relays, etc.)
- Lead all electrical technical and regulatory application processes and participate in reviews with all governing agencies for code compliance in relation to laws, and regulations, codes, and ordinances.
- Prepare and submit electrical interconnection applications to local utility companies.
- Participate and lead discipline meetings and design reviews with engineers of record, vendors, and project management staff.
- Adhere to schedule requirements for all phases of project development within the engineering discipline as well as project management and operations.
- Personally, conduct or delegate job-site inspections to ensure projects are adhering to specifications and design intent.
- Develop witness test procedures and site-specific sequences of operations.
- Assist with commissioning to verify correct system operation.
- Establish design standards and procedures to manage the work of engineers of record.
- Provide oversight and assistance with writing and editing of program documents, specifications, and equipment selection for all electrical design, installation, commissioning, control, and monitoring functions.
- Create conceptual electrical single line diagrams for client proposals
- Evaluate potential customer sites for technical feasibility and cost effectiveness of installation.
- Attend customer meetings as needed to support sales discussions regarding technical topics with customer engineers.
- S. in Electrical Engineering (M.S. preferred)
- 5+ Years of electrical engineering experience; energy sector, combined heat and power or utility applications
- Professional Engineering Certificate preferred
- Expert knowledge of: Distributed generation, Microgrid, Synchronous generators , Low and medium voltage electrical distribution equipment, Utility Interconnection processes.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.