Skills: Accounting, Commercial Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell is the leading energy company and is looking to expand the Singapore in-house M&A and Commercial Finance (FTM) team. FTM is at the heart of delivering Shell's strategy through the achievement of its aspired asset portfolio and its goal to become a world class investment opportunity that powers progress by providing more and cleaner energy solutions in Shell's Upstream, Integrated Gas, Downstream, New Energies and Trading businesses. FTM provides Finance input and M&A execution capability for RDS acquisitions, divestments, business combinations, JVs and restructurings. The FTM Singapore team supports these types of complex transactions with focus on Asia Pacific, as well as for some global opportunities. We are looking for a Senior Manager/Manager to work on cross-border M&A engagements within the Asia Pacific region.
As Finance Deal Lead for material transactions (which could include acquisitions and divestments, asset swaps, joint venture formation or restructuring and commercial agreements for organic projects), the Senior Manager/Manager is accountable for:
- Evaluation of M&A and other investment opportunities, including but not limited to financial analysis, valuation and industry Research
- Manage all stages of the transaction execution from a finance point of view, including and not limited to planning due diligence workstreams, undertaking financial due diligence and management of transaction advisors and investment bankers
- Preparation of investment proposals for transaction approval from board
- Negotiation of transaction documentation including sales and purchase agreements, joint venture agreements and other commercial Agreements
- Develop and evaluate of transaction structures and other transaction related matters
- Co-ordinating and support transactions post-closing and through integration
- Supporting management on other business development/opportunity identification
- As part of the wider Global FTM team, contribute to sharing of knowledge across FTM whether in a formal role as part of an FTM Knowledge Sharing network or generally by sharing expertise and best practice.
This role co-ordinates across all parts of the Finance organisation within Shell to bring all relevant knowledge, expertise and input to transactions. Interfaces with a wide range of internal (NBD, Deal Delivery, Legal, etc.) and external (Counterparties, Banks, Transaction Service Providers, etc) stakeholders.
The Senior Manager / Manager is the single point of entry for 3rd party Financial Advisory /Transaction Service Providers on any given project.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
The ideal candidates for these positions should possess the following:
- Significant experience in M &A and/or Commercial Finance is required for this role due to the materiality and complexity of the deals that the successful candidate will work on - preferably in MNC Corporate Finance / NBD departments, investment bank, Big 4, PE.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, good commercial acumen and the ability to operate within a dynamic rapidly changing Environment
- Able to establish credibility at the relevant level with management inside and outside project teams
- Self-starter, resilient, motivated and a good team Player
- Practical mindset, get things done and achieve outstanding results, creating and protecting value for Shell
- Oil, Gas or Power experience would be a huge advantage as well as professional accreditation such as CPA, CFA, CA or MBA
- A certain amount of business travel may be required, depending upon the specific demands of the Projects
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and react to changing priorities as the finance leads are expected to be working on 2-3 opportunities at one point in time.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video