Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Role Summary:
Supports the implementation of the Company's HSE Policies, strategies, goals etc. Primary shop floor support to line management and employees. General responsibilities include: risk identification and management, incident reporting and investigations, waste and energy management, activities to support compliance with legal and other requirements and maintenance of HSE Management SystemsEssential Responsibilities:
- Review accident reports and follow-up action plans.
- Participate in investigation and analysis of incidents, near misses and risk observations, oversee the implementation of corrective action and produce investigation reports as appropriate.
- Support co-ordination of employee health and safety training programs.
- Support the implementation of the HSE goals for the facility.
- Develop health and safety policies and procedures and work with the teams to see implementation of programmes.
- Participate on the health and safety program improvement team(s).
- Conduct site inspections and program evaluations.
- Assist with control, evaluation and selection of personal protective equipment.
- Assist management and operating teams to ensure compliance with BHGE requirements and government regulations.
- Review projects, plans, specifications and purchases to ensure health and safety issues are addressed.
- Gain experience of the Occupational Health function (OHU) and assist OHU when necessary.
- Day to day support of HSE programmes on site, including delivery of training, accident/incident investigation, conducting risk assessments, as well as developing and maintaining HSE documentation
- In conjunction with HSE Leader, ensure the facility is maintaining compliance with legislative requirements and that appropriate programmes are implemented to meet new legislative requirements
- Assist with maintenance of HSE Management Systems to ensure compliance with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and project/client requirements.
- Perform internal audits against ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 as required
- Any other duties as directed by the HSE Leader
- Some experience in a Safety or Environmental role.
- Working towards or achieved a degree related to H&S - NEBOSH General Certificate
- Ability to use Microsoft office and develop reports using PowerPoint/Excel etc.
- Team player
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Excellent communication and influence skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on responsibility
- HSE Auditing experience and qualification
- Environmental qualification
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more