Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Jandakot, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes a GE Company has an opening for Buying/Procurement Specialist based in Perth, Australia. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and shareholders.
- Independently manages all aspects of supplier relationships, including contract negotiations, delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals.
- Actively drives supplier improvement activities and supplier program reviews.
- Works to maximize production capacity in accordance with production and master schedules.
- Recommends new developments in materials and supplies.
- May oversee the approval and control of purchasing activities for an assigned product group/staff.
- Fosters active daily use of continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- May develop work tasks and instructions specifying processes/equipment required to meet finished good needs.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Applies mastery-level knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Energetic self-starter with strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including advanced level knowledge of Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to balance multiple projects in a challenging, fast-paced work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of procurement, sourcing or similar experience.
- Order Management experience a plus.
- Professional purchasing or supply chain certification preferred.
Jandakot, Perth - Australia
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more