Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Leads design discussion in a limited manner.
Essential Responsibilities:• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
• Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
• Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
• Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
• Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules.
• Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
• Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes.
• Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design.
• Articulates the need for scalability and understands the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Drives design reviews, defines interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs.
• Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language chosen.
• Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules.
• Serves as SME and works closely with support and infrastructure services in troubleshooting customer and operational issues.Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 8 years of professional experience
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more