Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Network Engineer for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
The PCD Integrity Support Team is responsible for the run and maintain cyber security operations of the companies UK's Industrial Control Systems through a hybrid skillset that merges skills from Controls and Automation (C&A) engineering, Telecom / Server administration, and IT Security.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for executing run and maintain cyber security activities on ICS systems such as the security hardening, security patching, anti-virus maintenance, backup/restore, access control reviews, asset inventory maintenance, and server/desktop break/fix/configuration activities.
- Additionally, network support of the ICS network firewalls, switches, routers, and cell modems is also required to configure new network communication, fix broken communication, and review current device configurations for cyber security risk.
- The CS-IT will also be called upon to assist with project and discretionary work to design, build, and implement the IT solution for new systems and deployments which may include network design, network equipment configuration, system design, server building, and risk assessments.
- The primary working location is the Aberdeen office where work is executed remotely, however regular on and offshore site travel is required.
- Windows Server administration and networking skills are required.
- GICSP and/or CCNA Industrial certifications are preferred along with control & automation experience.