Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Remote Operations Specialist based in Mumbai & Kochi in India. You will be responsible for monitoring real-time wells, incident management, data quality assurance. In addition technical support and resolution to BHGE customers. It demands the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers and will challenge your ability to perform in a high paced environment.
Essential Responsibilities:- Provide Oil Field support of instrumentation (flow, temperature, pressure), well controls (RTU and PLC), communications network (radio, cell modem. Oil Field support includes proactive monitoring, maintenance, installation support, configuration, and commissioning of wells.
- Proactively monitor and manage overall health of SCADA system including: system consistency, communication, performance, data relevance, and user support. Notify other groups within the company of additions, subtractions, and/or changes to automation equipment in the Oil Field and data layout within the SCADA systems.
- Daily operation and performance reporting
- Experience working with variable speed drives, automation and instrumentation.
- Help maintain and develop Standard Operating Procedures
- Support the development of new services and testing of new features
- Communicate and facilitate continuous improvement
- With assistance from experts Conduct Training of Products new features to technical support team
- Additional projects as assigned by BEACON Service Center Manager and Service ManagerQualifications/Requirements:- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Petroleum Engineering OR Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferably in Electronics & instrumentation
- 4+ years of experience in oilfield operations
- Sound understanding of the Oil Wells Workflow and terminology, Well Tags Template management
- Worked on Oil Field SCADA systems & Controllers
- Knowledge of MODBUS and OPC is a must
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Windows Operating systems and MS office applications
- Knowledge of incident management systems
- Ability to facilitate multi-cultural, multi-location teams
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Self-directed, goal oriented and innovative
- Detail oriented and experienced in working with strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Internet applications, including e-mail clients and web browsers
- Strong desire to develop and grow in knowledge and experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced dynamic environment
Desired Characteristics:- Knowledge of ISO 9001 preferred
- Working knowledge of SDLC process
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more