Our client is looking for a Workshop Supervisor for a permanent position, located in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire.
- We are looking for an experienced WorkshopSupervisor to oversee our production operations. You'll guarantee that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organizing workflows. In addition, you'll take responsibility for ensuring that the means of production (tools/equipment/facilities) are available and fit-for-purpose
- You must be competent and comprehend the running of multiple complex operations. You should also be able to optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing the costs. The goal is to ensure that production processes deliver products of maximum quality in a profitable manner.
- You should be an effective communicator, able to easily convey instructions to subordinates as well as reporting on status/progress to management. You'll have well-honed skills in coaching/mentoring employees in their day-to-day activities and ensuring that Production operatives operate as an effective, cohesive unit in delivering the required outputs.
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Oversee and coach employees
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance
- Check production output according to specifications
- Submit reports on performance and progress
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company QHSE standards
- Practice good cost control principles and ensure all costs are quantified and reported