Reading, United Kingdom
Reading, United Kingdom
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Electrical Engineer (Contract). The ideal candidate will be technically strong and have experience within the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Refining, LNG or Power Generation industry. Previous experience in a similar position would be highly beneficial.
The successful candidate(s) will have the following attributes:-
- Self-starter and an ability to produce electrical deliverables with little input or guidance
- Good understanding with respect to international codes and standards and their application
- High level of competency with respect to electrical system design (Single line diagrams [SLD's], protection and control schemes)
- Experience of delivering the following deliverables - Specifications and Standards, SLD's, Protection and metering schemes, Calculations (Load, cable sizing, equipment sizing), checking of area classification layouts, data sheets for major equipment and preparation of enquiry packages for HV and LV switchgear, transformers, drive systems, UPS
- Familiarity with SKM, ETAP or SPEL software packages would be beneficial but not essential
- Strong understanding of plant design and equipment layout
- Liaise with clients on technical matters where required
Skills / Qualifications
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, or related subject
- Chartered Engineer status preferred
- A proven track record in one or more of the following project phases: concept studies, FEED, Detailed Engineering (EPC) and PMC
- Computer literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.