Skills: Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Reservoir Engineer to join the Technology and Reservoir Management team. This three-year maximum term role will be based in Perth and will report to the Manager, Technology and Reservoir Management.
- Responsible for building and maintaining reservoir models to mature development plans, forecast production and reserves and incorporate production surveillance information in real time
- Coordinate delivery of the suite of probabilistic history matched models to support ongoing reservoir management (operational, development and other business decisions; forecasting production, reserves, and resource maturation)
- Lead planning and execution of appraisal, development and infill wells as required
- Accountable for maintenance, quality control and management of subsurface data
- Provide technical input on the acquisition and interpretation of reservoir surveillance data to inform reservoir offtake decisions
- Coordinate and provide technical support to projects involving Chevron's Energy Technology Company and corporate technical teams
- Effectively communicate results to the local and corporate leadership, as well as other internal stakeholders
- Provide general reservoir engineering leadership, mentoring and providing work directions to less experienced reservoir engineers
- Provide technical consulting on advanced techniques and workflows to modelling teams
- Influence joint venture partners and effectively communicate key findings to peers and management
- Write concise documentation of technical work, and development plans
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practice
Key skills and experience required:
- Minimum masters level qualifications in petroleum engineering or related discipline, from a recognised tertiary institution
- A minimum of 10 years relevant international oil and gas upstream industry experience, with a proven track record in offshore, deep-water field appraisal and development
- Offshore/capital projects experience, deepwater experience on major capital projects, particularly during execution and early operation where development well drilling, production start-up and reservoir surveillance and management expertise is strongly desired
- Experienced in all phases of subsurface evaluation and project management from appraisal through greenfield and brownfield development and production surveillance analysis. Timely integration of field surveillance data into the dynamic modelling process
- Experienced reservoir simulation engineer. Fluency with Intersect, IPM, Petrel and many of the Chevron Simulation workflows is a must
- Experience with ‘design of experiments' for rigorous uncertainty analysis, building and maintaining simulation models and history matching workflows are critical
- Practical experience with pressure transient analysis
- Experienced qualified reserve estimator, reserves estimation and understanding of Chevron internal requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment
- Effective communication skills for stakeholder management and cross-functional dialogue
- Able to understand and discuss complex technical matters with internal stakeholders and regulatory agencies
- Highly proactive in all areas and able to deliver high quality products on schedule
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron's values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia's largest natural gas facilities
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- A nine-day fortnight is offered for eligible roles
We actively encourage applications form Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Thursday 5 September 2019, 3pm WST
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.