Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Medical Data Analyst. This position can be located in either San Ramon, Ca. or Houston, Tx. and will be posted through August 21, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Maintains proficiency in understanding an Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) and data dictionary to design complex analytical queries from a MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server database using SQL or other reporting software as needed.
- Maintains proficiency in HTML, XML, jQuery, scripting and reporting technologies with knowledge of best standards in usability and user-centric design.
- Works closely with Global H&M staff in defining, designing and developing reporting/analytical needs and reports to support H&M Strategy.
- Displays Basic Business Analyst skills and related experience (e.g. requirements gathering, system documentation, test plan creation, ability to prioritize efforts that address concurrent demands arising from project deployment schedules, infrastructure delivery timeframes, vendor interactions, global BU needs, etc).
- Develops and maintains high quality system support, technical and programming documentation.
- Principal liaison with vendors, deployment team analysts, IT project managers, support analysts, the business and other Chevron operating companies to complete required tasks, obtain approvals, etc.
- Provides timely reporting on project deliverables to Project Managers, including the identification of risks and mitigations, issues impacting the project schedule, changes in deliverable scope, etc.
- Subject Matter Expert for HR interface environments within GHM; maintains proficiency in use of reporting tools (e.g. Workday and SAP).
- Oversight of Auditing Data to maintain Data Integrity against Global HR Data Systems and within GHM reporting systems.
- Provides analytical expertise to the GHM personnel other Chevron HES groups in addressing health issues/questions and responding to requests for health data.
- Advises on the use of statistical and graphical techniques in analyzing and presenting health data and performs analyses.
- Provides analysis and develops analytical tools to evaluate internal and external trends and support Health and Medical program recommendations.
- Maintains strong analytical ability including a demonstrated ability to develop, present and monitor analytical business cases and project plans.
- Maintains good understanding of customer support requirements, business priorities, processes in order to use expertise to offer continual support and future enhancements.
- Maintains familiarity with H&M Global Medical Database system application software, database and related tables.
- Provides EMR security and system administration backup.
- Participates in new version testing, deployment, and trouble-shooting.
- Maintains strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- 5+ years of IT business requirements analysis including IT standards, procedures and policies, IT quality assurance, logical data modeling, functional design, and technical design.
- Effectively demonstrates the ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with customers, partners, SME's (subject matter experts) and suppliers, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes, as well as the ability to translate information into reporting specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Skilled at organizing and facilitating problem-solving discussions.
- Experience working with diverse group of people.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Science or related field preferred.
- Electronic health/medical record system data management expertise and have knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements related to EHR/EMR including data privacy laws.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.