Job Description Purpose & Accountabilities:
Deliver performance improvement to site Reliability by addressing high impact & complex process, equipment & infrastructure reliability issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.Accountabilities:Champion identification & risk assessment of potential "Big Hits" threats.
Deliver effective & robust interim mitigation of "Big Hits" threats.
Deliver timely, causal and cost-effective long-term resolution of "Big Hits" threats.
Work with PULT to determine the best route for execution of the mitigation solutions, i.e. Plant Change, Replace in Kind, or new design and/or capex projects.
Champion systemic problem solving in respective PU unit.
For capex Project development:
Develop concept as Project Development Lead (PDL) through Identify & Select, including initial cost estimate. Present the selected concept to Project Selection Committee (PSC) for approval.
Lead Define phase (incl. FEED) for selected concept with support from PEL from Projects team; present Engineering Design to Project Approval Committee (PAC) for Final Investment Decision (FID).
Support transition of project to Execute Phase to be led by the PEL in Projects.
Responsibilities:Identify "Big Hits" reliability threats through site by means of reliability workshops, MTO process, etc and take lead to develop necessary solutions to mitigate and eliminate the threats.
Data collection and review of past and present performance to determine the specific problem(s) needing to be addressed, gaining a common understanding of the equipment and associated work processes.
Ensure that all threats are risk assessed and prioritized.
Determine the cause(s) using causal approach that are causing the undesired performance which may result in a reliability "Big Hit".
Use of Minimum Technical Solution (MTS) to develop cost-effective, risk solutions.
For Project development, as PDL, to carry relevant projects to FID (PAC). Prepare Basis of Design (BOD) and FEED package, including associated cost estimate and a schedule for the project.
Provide on demand assistance, guidance, and advice such as troubleshooting to Operations, Engineering and Maintenance leading to optimal reliability of the production unit assets.
Help to priorities resources within PULT to ensure that urgent and critical matters are tackled in a timely manner via PU reliability focal.
Coach and develop Engineering members within PULT in system thinking and minimum technical solution (MTS) approach.
For CORE / GROWTH / ENERGY related Projects, support PU CORE via MOC meeting. This is to ensure right issue is being identified/addressed.
Develop detailed TA scope with appropriate contingencies and submit promptly before scope freeze.
Contribute to multi-functional teams in site wide initiatives, such as participation in unit shutdown, TAs, cost competitiveness initiatives, Advanced Manufacturing initiatives... etc.
Ensure e-MOC & MTO threats are promptly closed out with proper documentation. All learnings are adequately captured in knowledge libraries (i.e procedures, MTO database, position papers, sharepoint)
- Part of a focused delivery team to deliver reliability improvement to site, in alignment with the site Reliability Themes.
- Lead and work with a multi-disciplinary team which can includes engineering, maintenance, operations, technologist and process safety.
- Assess and develop conceptual technical solutions for reliability problems. Work with Shell MSE, P&T and EPC (i.e. Woods, Worley Parsons) as necessary.
- Interface with Production Unit Leadership Team (PULT) on respective PU assets reliability rejuvenation, improvement and assurance.
- Close interface with the Core Reliability team in each PU on Asset Master planning and PU reliability issues.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements Educational Qualifications:
Degree in Engineering with discipline engineering or process technology experience. Subject expertise and/or relevant experience with the production unit operation and/or petrochemical processes will be preferred. Experiences with integrated problems solving and/or engineering integration skills a strong plus.Professional Experience:
Required Experience Comments:
- Expected background for this role is an experienced engineering specialist, with at least 5-10 years' experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the petrochemical industry.
- Skilled professional in Engineering and/or Chemical Process and Utilities systems, such as BFW/Steam, IA, SCW, Cogen and fuel systems.
- Knowledge and application experience of risk & reliability management systems and techniques are required or considered an advantage.
- Critical Process knowledge of ESP, RCM, MTA, wIMS, AMP including Root Cause Analysis or Casual Learning. Software application like MS-Project, Excel, Word and SAP are essential.
- Candidates to have a proven ability to work collaboratively across multiple constituencies. To work independently and effectively with plant staff, and to lead teams and influence relevant stakeholders.
- Candidates to have a successful record of efficiently managing multiple assignments with changing priorities while forging through ambiguity.
- Candidates should have a high energy level with a proven track record in achieving stretch goals.
Candidates to have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a consulting role, and a demonstrated ability of strategic thinking.CompetenceLevel
Engineering and/or any Chemical Process and/or Utilities Systems
Critical Process knowledge of ESP, RCM, MTA, wIMS, AMP and etc including Root Cause Analysis and Casual Learning
Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection process.
Manage Strategic Process for T/A & Capital Projects
Manage Project Execution
Project Control, Planning/Scheduling and Cost Estimation
Project Management/Turnaround Process and Interface
Resource, Schedule & Cost Management
Contracting & Procurement
HSSE Management System (Overall)
Personal & Business
Project Portfolio Management
Knowledge Additional Information:
The Asset Rejuvenation Project Engineer role is a unique position that requires strong Leadership Attributes in order to deliver successfully, some attributes are as followed:
- Excellent communication skills to effectively lead learning sessions and manage organizational change
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement capability with high levels of the organizational skill
- Ability to share ideas through more "inquiry" than "advocacy"
- Able to work and think in a "learning" mode verses a "knowing" mode
- Able to work under pressure and balance business demands
- Willingness to cross "traditional" functional lines to resolve problems
- Ability to be a team player, understanding that success is obtained from collective efforts vs. individual contribution
- Fluency in English is required.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.