Skills: Commercial Management, Contracts Administration
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
A role within the Commercial Team to assist in the smooth operation of the Commercial department and ensure that the department provides the highest possible level of service to the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and lead response to tenders.
- Interact day-to-day with operations/project teams and service line management.
- Set objectives and provide advice and guidance for team members.
- Ensure compliance with tender guidelines.
- Review incoming tenders and summarize deliverables to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate the timely input and compilation of compliant pre-qualification, supplier registration, and tender submission documentation.
- Review and achieve a balanced distribution of work among the commercial department personnel.
- Regular and timely update of boilerplate material for use in tenders.
- Regular and timely update and distribution of benchmark reports e.g. Utilization reports.
- Updating of commercial department databases.
- Communication with external and internal clients for purposes of gathering feedback, progressing opportunities and resolving issues as and when necessary.
- Provide input for monthly financial, commercial, and business development reporting as directed by management. Liaison with commercial manager, commercial coordinators and administrators to facilitate compilation of tender documentation.
- Liaison with contracts department to ensure the timely response on the review and formalization of all amendments, assignments, work orders etc. relating to contracts.
- Provide assistance to the commercial administrators in the preparation of standard ROV quotes.
- Provide general assistance to Commercial Manager and Business Unit Director, as required.
- Assist with maintenance of department e-filing systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in reviewing tenders and preparing quotes, preferably in the subsea workspace.
- Familiarity with contracts within the oil and gas or a related heavy industrial environment.
- Proven business acumen commensurate with job requirements.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in a related discipline.
- Experience in directing and coordinating group activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to manage workload in line with key dates for delivery.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate deliverables and time constraints and liaise with support departments.
- Skilled in operating basic office software packages (e.g. MS Word, Excel, XaitPorter, PeopleSoft.
- Flexible approach to work schedules in line with the demands of supporting wide geographical demands across multiple time zones.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.