- Provide IH technical support and advice to Upstream US Businesses including Onshore Unconventionals, Deepwater Offshore Gulf of Mexico, Deepwater Logistics, and Exploration Onshore and Offshore.
- Support and provide assurance on implementation and maintenance of Shell's Health Hazard Management policy in the HSSE and SP Control Framework.
- Provide interpretation and support location/business compliance with applicable Industrial Hygiene related regulations, standards, corporate requirements and recognized good practices.
- Participate in the Americas region Industrial Hygiene network, including interface with regional Industrial Hygienists and Shell Health Risk Science Toxicologists where needed.
- Conduct, document, maintain and communicate health risk assessment and exposure assessment projects to ensure hazard controls are managed and effectiveness validated.
- Promote Contractor Health Management by providing guidance, tools and assurance support to Wells business service providers and business contract holders.
- Support Product Stewardship in the Upstream US businesses through chemical hazard reviews and as an Upstream TSCA focal point.
- Develop and implement an annual IH plan for Upstream US assets in alignment with Business and Shell Health goals.
- Manage the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) process for the Business and locations, including scheduling, facilitation, maintaining HRA documentation, and manage business approvals and tracking completion of agreed remedial actions.
- Develop and implement an annual HRA field verification plan to validate hazards and assure effectiveness of HRA controls and recovery measures.
- Conduct HRA quality assurance reviews.
- Develop annual IH exposure assessment plan, sample strategy and oversee monitoring execution.
- Review and assure business health/IH procedures are maintained in accordance with Business document management requirements.
- Deliver IH awareness training and conduct assurance reviews for business stakeholders as needed.
- Provide Product Stewardship guidance and support to chemical selection for Drilling, Hydrofracking, Well completions and Production Operations.
- Supporting different Upstream businesses with unique organizations, differences in processes, and frequently changing stakeholders.
- Interface with multiple geographic locations, disciplines and stakeholders across Onshore and Offshore Production and Wells exploration.
- Good logistics planning is needed when visiting onshore and offshore locations.
- Managing work plans in an environment with a high degree of operational change.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Master's Degree in Industrial Hygiene.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in the field of Industrial Hygiene. Previous IH experience supporting Upstream Production, Well Servicing and Drilling operations is preferred.
- Professional certification: ABIH Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
- Knowledge of US regulations affecting Occupational Health.
- Creativity and capability of building relationships and trust with Business stakeholders to provide timely, fit-for-purpose health risk management solutions.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Proactive mindset and excellent care for people values.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%. Travel to offshore locations will require successful completion of Helicopter Underwater Egress Training (HUET) training and remote fitness to work assessment.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.