The purpose of this role is to manage risk identification: model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, and drive understanding of the design and utilization of Value at Risk, Stress Testing, and Scenario Analysis for the Products business in North America. This role will also identify, develop, and implement systems efficiencies and reporting capabilities for the risk books, partnering with other Products team members to align best practices across the Global Products business. This role will have direct reporting to the STUSCO Market Risk Products Manager, also supporting other Products businesses outside North America where applicable.
The Products Risk Analyst is responsible for ensuring that day to day risk management activities surrounding the Americas T&S Products organization are executed in a controlled and professional manner including:
- Ensuring all trading activities remain within mandated exposure and risk limits.
- Ensuring all exposures are properly recorded using established fair value methodologies.
- Ensuring a daily commentary is produced analyzing daily/monthly P&L performance,
- Ensuring on time delivery of all reporting, controls and support for relevant business area either through self, onshore supporting analysts or offshore analysts.
- Working cross-functionally to ensure trading risks and returns are fully understood, captured and challenged where necessary. This will also include longer term and non-linear risks, inherent in contracts such as, but not limited to, storage, pipelines, time-charters.
- The role works closely with risk leads for all parts of the risk management spectrum including a significant Shell Business Operations component. The incumbent is tasked with ensuring that the Americas T&S Products business is widely understood and that any changes to it or the supporting risk management framework are communicated properly to all stakeholders.
- Improve the control environment by conceptualizing, project managing, and delivering fit-for-purpose control enhancements.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum 5 years of market risk experience in Trading, Oil and Gas, Finance, Integrated oil or Commercial background.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, Spotfire, Tableau, Qlikview, or ERP (Energy Risk Professional) required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, Engineering or IT.
- Strong business analysis skills, modelling capabilities, research and problem-solving skills, computer skills, technologically oriented.
- Experience with price aggregation/automation software packages would be an advantage.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, results oriented, manage own work with limited supervision.
- Understanding of trading, operations, risk and mid/back office business processes, policies, procedures and controls an advantage.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.