This person will learn skilled work in a variety of disciplines related to the operation and maintenance of our natural gas facilities. This position is setup so that a Developmental Technician can get training in field operations and plant operations as well as to perform as a Developmental Technician in each area of training. Upon successful completion within the program this group will act as a feeder to our higher level positions within each discipline. The Developmental Technician program has three levels of responsibilities, Developmental Technician I, II, and III. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Learn and understand Targaâ€™s Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions and reporting, permitting, and Process Safety Management, and have a basic knowledge of the effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field operations. (Verification of understanding will be completed using the training checklist)
- Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities. (Verification of understanding will be completed using the training checklist)
- Assist other Technicians, Operators or Supervisors with routine and major maintenance repairs of mechanical equipment such as, but not limited to, engine and compressor repairs and overhauls, grouting of equipment, pump repairs and overhauls, seal replacements, air compressor repairs and overhauls, and repairs to other mechanical equipment. (Verification will be completed through verbal feedback from Supervisor)
- Learn and gain a good basic knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Gas Plant Operations, Engine & Compressor Operations and Maintenance, Gas & Liquid Measurement, Field Pipeline Operations/Maintenance and Instrument & Electrical as applicable. There will be verbal review sessions to determine learning progress and assist in the individualâ€™s development. Learn geographical layout of gathering system and station locations. Learn basic understanding of IT systems. (Verification of understanding completed by verbal feedback from Supervisor and demonstration of duties)
- General clean up of assigned work areas (compressor building, maintenance shop, warehouse building, the plant yard, office building, etc.). (Verification will be completed by verbal feedback from Supervisor.)
- Actively participate in all safety meetings and safety functions. A Developmental Technician I is responsible for his/her safety and of any person he/she may be working with. (Verification of understanding will be completed by reviewing safety meeting rosters and through feedback from Supervisor)
- Must be able to perform functions as outline on Job Skill Guidelines for Developmental Technician I. (Verification will be completed using check list named Essential Job Duties to ensure that Developmental Technician has completed his/her training)
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Must possess a valid driverâ€™s license, safe driving record and be able to drive responsibly
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associates degree or certification associated with gas processing technology and/or a minimum of up to 1+ year(s) related work experience
- Must possess a valid driverâ€™s license and safe driving record
- Solid verbal / written communication skills
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Able to work in close quarters while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing or standing
- Ability to work overtime to include weekends, holidays and to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective/needs
- Must be willing and able to do shift work
- Self motivated â€" ability to work independently
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources
- Well-grounded, preferring to work in a collegial and team environment
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.