Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Electronic Engineer will be involved in development of subsea electric actuators and systems requirements, specifications, designs. The Electronic Engineer will be part of electrical/electronic hardware and system integration tests. She/he reports functionally to the Engineering Leader and Operationally to the Team Leader.
Essential Responsibilities:In general, the Electronics Engineer will be involved in all phases from early phase customer discussions through to development, delivery projects and aftermarket. Focus will mainly be on Electronics for subsea Electrical actuators and control system, but other tasks within the subsea controls domain can also be relevant.
• Execute and drive the given engineering tasks to completion (Independently or part of a team)
• Sanity check on agreed scope of work, budget, schedule and cost allocation before start up of task
• Estimate and control duration, budget and schedule for assigned tasks, be accountable for delivery
• Identify changes, opportunities and cost savings for tasks assigned
• Highlight issues and/or bottlenecks to Project manager on a timely manner to allow for recovery
• Suggest and develop recovery plans when needed, in cooperation with project manager
• Identify, log and highlight operational and technical risk in projects
• Ensure Electronics component and system designs have appropriate analytics, empirical design/testing, and production level verification
• Develop qualification/test programs for products and ability to set-up and execute prescribed tests
• Implement circuit card designs that interface to firmware, hardware and software
• Interpretation of client's standards and global practices implement on assigned work
• Create/Review/Approval of engineering Parts/Documents/Procedures/Study Reports/ Design/Requirement as per guidelines and authorization
• Identify customers requirement (technical / products problems, execution issues) and bring effective solutions
• Provide support to Onshore and Offshore operations
• Evaluate consequences, manage risk and make own decisions based on knowledge and experience for projectsQualifications/Requirements:• University Degree within Electronics, Cybernetics, Telecommunication or Mechatronics. Equivalent degree with the required qualification can be also considered
• Significant years relevant experience from a similar position
• Familiarity with the design tools like AutoCAD, Altium Designer, Spice or equivalents
• Experience with subsea/topside controls system
• Knowledge of CAN Modbus, ethernet protocols
• Working knowledge and experience of PCB design - low & extremally low voltage, analogue & digital circuits (including microcontrollers), typical automation solution (based on PLCs)
• Embedded software development on AVR, ARM and DSP microcontrollers
• Experience with motor control (Brushless DC Motors, servos etc)
• Experience of manufacturing/test and automatic testing of equipment.
• Ability to produce circuit diagrams, test procedures or automatic test scripts.
• Strong technical attitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
• English fluent verbal and written
Desired Characteristics:• Highly proactive and results oriented
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Genuine interest in Electronics and microcontrollers
• Norwegian or other Nordic languages are an advantage
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more