Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: CAD / CAM, Installation Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Equipment Installation Coordinator - Electronic - Cementing Equipment Installation
Role supporting the global equipment installation team:
Under broad direction, plans and installs Halliburton equipment in fixed and mobile offshore installations at locations around the world. Ensures all data and information is managed and controlled in line with company process. Highlights any omissions, errors and potential improvements with regard to systems and processes in which he/she is involved. Job role has budgetary type of responsibilities or directly impacts a revenue centre's quality of service via personal contributions. Skills are typically acquired through technical school certification and a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Under broad direction, installs and maintains mechanical and electronic systems to provide reliable well maintained equipment to ensure continued service quality
- Under minimal supervision, assists with planning equipment removal and installation, including timeline and resource planning.
- Ensures that adequate safe systems of work are adopted for all activities under his/her direction, in accordance with company procedures and policies including the Permit to Work system. Ensures no negative impact on the environment while at the job site
- Actively participates in HSE activities e.g. toolbox talks, Safety meetings etc.
- Performs site surveys and creates reports as part of company process
- Maintains/controls project files and drawings in line with company process
- Monitors and reports progress of project and endeavours to complete projects on time and on budget
- Ensures all change requests are managed and approved in line with the Management of Change process
- Performs post job review and compiles post job report
- Ensures all data and information is managed and controlled in line with departmental process
- Responsible for identifying tools and materials required for the assigned project and arranges preparation and packaging for mobilisation to project site.
- Evaluates equipment and certification requirements
- May also be required to maintain, inspect, diagnose and repair Halliburton equipment as per Halliburton procedures
- Equipment includes; PLC Control systems, VFD interfaces, motor starter panels, electrical enclosures, diesel engines, transmissions, high pressure pumps, microprocessor controls, electro-mechanical equipment, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24v electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls and a variety of other energy services equipment
- Perform troubleshooting on electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Tests and sets up equipment for proper operation
- Performs own work and supervises a multidiscipline team onsite on the assigned projects including;
- Welders / Fabricators
- Requires, workshop/yard, offshore and shipyard / quayside work
- Requires good working knowledge of electrical block and termination diagrams, installation and equipment drawings, hydraulic and pneumatic circuits/drawings/prints
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Frequent international travel
- Provides basic job training and guidance on a regular basis;
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and comply with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations
Education and Experience:
- Possession of a Technical School certificate, HNC or similar
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Related fields which includes experience in HES equipment
Role Specific Knowledge:
- With electrical / electronic bias, can maintain, diagnose and repair a variety of equipment including; diesel engines, transmissions, drive train components, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, air compressors, microprocessor controls, electro-mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, wellhead attachments and pressure equipment, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24v electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls, A/C systems, and a variety of other energy services equipment
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Hold or be able to complete a BOSIET / HUET certificate
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Ability to operate and function test industrial equipment.
Desirable Experience / Certification:
- Rigging and lifting experience
- Forklift truck licence
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment and software (i.e. Cat ET, STEP 7 etc.)
- Microsoft Project experience
- CompEx Certified (EX01-EX04)
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 77662
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.