NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Legal Admin
for a 1 year
contract role in Calgary, AB
. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given.
Hours are regular office hours with possible overtime and on call hours. Accountabilities:
The candidate will be required to, among other things:
- Exercise independent judgment and decision making with respect to a diverse range of administrative duties.
- Act as an intermediary between the IT function and the personnel he or she supports so that the personnel get access to and use of the technology platform in a timely manner.
- Make arrangements for both internal and external meetings, which meetings are increasingly virtual and involve parties in different locations and time zones using evolving technology.
- Act as the "file manager" for the personnel he or she supports to enable documents to be properly filed for future access in accordance with global standards for the legal function.
- Compose correspondence independently.
- Prepare complex agreements.
- Review and proofread reports, memos, legal briefs and opinions for completeness, accuracy, and format.
- Accurately transcribe difficult dictation involving a variety of legal terms from a dictating machine or handwritten documents.
- Perform legal research.
- Handle undisclosed material and confidential information on a routine basis.
- Interact with internal clients and external counsel and third parties to transmit and acquire information, usually of a confidential nature.
- Ensure timely communication to lawyers of matters of a pressing nature.
- Make complicated travel arrangements to the extent central support is unavailable.
- Support due diligence activities.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Proactive in anticipating lawyers' needs to meet deadlines and client obligations within their busy daily schedules.
- Ability to compose, type and assemble information in proper legal form (including, briefs, pleadings, letters, memoranda and other legal correspondence).
- Ability to produce a quality work product that reflects the Legal department's demands for clarity and precision.
- Make appropriate judgement calls in representing lawyers properly in day to day administrative interactions, both internally and externally, and in particular regarding when to involve lawyers.
- Possess knowledge of department, business unit and company operations, organization and procedures.
- Substantial knowledge of the Canadian legal and regulatory system, legal concepts and phraseology, and legal drafting styles.
- Display strong initiative and creativity in terms of improving and changing work processes including document filing.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Certified Legal Secretary or a Paralegal (certified or diploma)
- 5 years' work experience in a Law Firm or Corporate Legal Department.
- excellent organizational skills.
- excellent written and oral communication skills.
- excellent interpersonal skills.
- an expert level of skill on desktop applications such as Microsoft Word, and advanced knowledge of both PowerPoint and Excel.
- an expert level of skill in the latest electronic communication technology used by lawyers in the work environment including smartphones and virtual meeting systems.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.