The BHGE, Drilling and Completion Fluids (DCF) group is seeking a Completions Technical Support Advisor
to join our multidisciplinary team of R&D scientists and engineers responsible for developing and deploying advanced completion fluids products and engineering solutions for the oil and gas drilling industry. The successful candidate will provide input on the conception and development of new completion fluids products and technologies and deliver technical leadership to global Completion fluids teams for product support and field related issues. This key position requires engagement across the organization particularly with cross functional teams - including Product Line Management, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, HSE, Marketing and Finance - as well as cross product line teams. Additionally, the Completions Technical Support Advisor
will be involved in industry and customer related forums.Essential Responsibilities:
- Guiding Completion Fluids R&D projects through proposal, review and approval processes.
- Serving as Design Chair for Completion Fluids and leading technical reviews and technical approvals of R&D project for Gate Reviews.
- Conducting frequent knowledge transfer sessions as well as individual and project team coaching sessions.
- Supporting global Operations, Quality, Supply Chain and Marketing requests for Completion Fluids applications involving products such as drill-in fluids, filter cake breakers, completion brines and additives, fluid loss control pills and displacement chemicals.
- Assisting with technology transfer and scale-up from lab to commercial scale.
- Providing technical support for other OFS product lines.
- Participating in DCF Patent Board Committee and guiding project managers on ideas for invention disclosures, consulting on intellectual property issues and IP & literature reviews.
- Serving as a technical representative on industry work groups.
- Creating and providing technical presentations to customers to update them on Completion Fluids products and services.
- Creating documents, together with the Service Delivery team, detailing proper lab procedures and use of products (e.g., Technical Data Sheets, Customer reports, Standard Operating Procedures, etc).
- Build collaboration and cross-training of Completion Fluids and Drilling Fluids personnel.
- Participating in customer/vendor interface.
- Master's Degree in Chemistry or closely-related discipline
- 12+ years' experience in the oil & gas industry
- 8+ years of experience with Completion Fluids
- Must have academia experience producing technical documents (papers, publications, etc)
- Experience with American Petroleum Institutes (API) testing procedures for Drilling and Completion Fluids
- Superior organization and verbal / written communication skills are essential
- Effectively working and communicating with all levels of the organization and contribute to a cohesive team working culture
- Safety and quality focused with all technical and operational activities
- PhD in Chemistry or closely related disciplines with 10+ years' experience in the oil & gas industry and 5+ years' experience with completions fluids.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in R&D setting, industry and/or academia, particularly in completion fluids.
- 7 years' experience with drilling and completions fluids
- Comprehensive, specialized knowledge not only in Completion Fluids but also in Drilling Fluids.
- Familiarity with BHGE Drilling and Completion Fluids products, services and applications.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more