Essential Duties& Responsibilities:
- Plan and review the project work with the General Superintendent.
- Provide jobsite logistics, organization, plant layout, equipment and manpower utilization.
- Prepare work schedules and keep them updated.
- Schedules and expedites the delivery of materials and equipment for their timely on-site delivery.
- Coordinates and monitors the activities of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Coordinates the workers on-site with the activities of inspection agencies as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains good safety and security practices for the entire project in accordance with safety program.
- Keep Project Engineer informed as to changes made in the field, so that such changes may be covered by general contact change orders and subcontract change orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree or at least 10 years of successful construction experience required.
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs.
- Knowledge of Primavera scheduling desirable.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures.
- Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.