New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Fitter / Turner
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Title: Fitter
Department: Onshore & Offshore Departments
Reports To: Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Assists Welders to ensure proper alignment of metal structures and pipe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The most important and essential job function of this position is attitude and includes the following: getting along with co-workers, working as a team member, functioning appropriately under pressure, responding in a positive manner to supervision, complying with safety, health and environmental and human resources requirements including those regarding substance use and abuse. Other duties may be assigned.
- Uses cutting torch to cut metal to properly align beams, grating, stairways, and pipe.
- Uses a come-a-long to assist in aligning materials to properly fit materials.
- Uses forklifts to move materials in yard.
- Uses grinder to remove slag and smooth metal to achieve a better fit.
- Uses squares, levels, torch, and center punch to assist in fitting.
- Uses grinder and torch overhead to tack and fit material.
- Uses a hammer wrench to tighten stud bolts on valves and flanges.
- Uses a sledgehammer to help tighten stud bolts on valves and flanges.
- Bolts ladder cage to structures.
- Helps Riggers to hang a deck.
- Handles valves to fit with pipe in pipe rack.
- Loads valves in basket to go on top of deck.
- Cuts metal to properly align beams, grating, stairways, and pipe.
- Fits flanges and valves together when constructing the pipe rack.
- Aligns beams, grating, stairways, and pipe to be tacked and welded to complete the job.
May supervise 1-2 Fitter Helpers according to supervisory requirements and policies of the Company.
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent; specialized training from vocational school or certificate program; apprenticeship and 5 -10 years experience or a combination of education and experience. Must be able to take and pass Fitter certification test.
Certifications or Other Qualifications
Must be able to read a tape pull and verify measurements on spool piping and structural material.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.