Reading, England, United Kingdom
Reading, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has a requirement for an experienced commissioning engineer to join us on a staff basis in our Reading office, with potential for subsequent overseas assignments in the Middle East. We have a number of projects manning up in the near future and we are looking for engineers to become members of an experienced team. The successful candidates will have responsibility for commissioning input into designs and the development and management of commissioning deliverables.
We are currently looking for experienced engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from FEED to EPC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements. Applicants with strong leadership/technical skills and a background and understanding of Refining unit operations and commissioning should apply.
- Execute commissioning activities within budget and schedule
- Ensure that standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Provide input to Hazops, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Ensure that requirements of Licensor's Secrecy Agreements are known and complied with
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with client engineers
- Provide commissioning expertise in the development of project commissioning start-up sequences and schedules
- Review of and as required preparation of detail plans, project procedures, preparation of pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up plans and procedures
- Support for the development of Operations Readiness plans
- Participation in start-up sequence workshops with both client and EPC contractors
- Systemisation including mark up of P&ID's
- Development of completions work packs and plans
- Provide input to periodic project reports
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline, together with membership of a relevant professional body or institution is preferred
- Commissioning experience of working on Studies, FEED and EPC Refining projects in both design and site project phases
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Ability to impact and influence fellow workers
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Previous experience of working at Wood is preferable
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.