Reading, United Kingdom
Reading, United Kingdom
Skills: Construction Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The role will be suitable for a leading manager who has demonstrated development in their career to date and who is looking initially for a construction HO role with a view to moving to the site and leading the site team during construction execution phase of a major project.
- Lead construction involvement during FEED and, where applicable, the Engineering phases of an EPC project providing construction input to constructability, organisation and site set-up, site logistics and scheduling, work breakdown and packaging as well as the appointment (if required) of subcontractors and suppliers
- Where appointed, represent and lead Wood OU on the construction site and organise, administer and control site activities within a defined construction area in accordance with, the relevant legislation, (includes CDM Regulations, The Factories Act, Construction (Health Safety and Welfare) Regulations, Health and Safety at Work Act, or Specific Country equivalents) and Wood OU and Client requirements
- Where Wood OU has the role of Principal Contractor as described within the CDM Regulations (or in-country equivalent), the Construction Director is appointed to assist with the responsibilities of Principal Contractor at Site
- Be fully familiarised with the contract requirements, Wood OU policies and procedures and ensure that those requirements relating to the site operations are implemented on behalf of and under the direction of the Resident Site Manager
- Ensure that the Wood OU Health, Safety, Security, Environment (HSSE) and quality policy is understood and implemented by all supervised staff and construction contractors within a defined construction area
- Ensure that the project achieves its objectives in respect of HSSE, quality, cost and schedule within a defined construction area
- Agree, establish and maintain effective communication and coordination between construction site and home office task force / departments
- Promote Wood OU by demonstrating professionalism and efficiency, establishing credible client and local contact working relationships
- Support, promote, and champion the Wood OU core values throughout Project Execution
Skills / Qualifications
In addition to our standard responsibilities, preferred experience to include:
- Degree qualified
- Oil and Gas
- FEED and EPC
- European Experience, specifically the Benelux region
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.