Skills: Technical Manager, Safety Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is looking for a Technical Safety Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen.
You will join the Technical Safety discipline which comprises of specialists in all aspects of technical safety engineering including Safety Studies, Loss Prevention (firewater and F&G), Noise, Human Factors and Environmental studies. You will be part of a team providing specialist support to all Worley projects from concept, FEED and detailed design services for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities.
Working hand-in-hand with engineers across our other disciplines to ensure that effective risk management is a key feature of every project throughout the lifecycle. The technical safety team are responsible for identifying, assessing and managing risks associated with a project to ensure a safe design and successful project delivery.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Carry out work in accordance with Worley and Project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Identify foreseeable hazards for asset modifications so that appropriate studies can be completed. - Review multi-discipline documents to ensure ALARP designs have been adopted
- Conduct risk assessments and risk reviews in accordance with existing procedures
- Represent the safety team at kick-off meetings, progress and design review meetings for the project or change proposal designs
- Delivering quality, cost effective and timely engineering services in a demanding environment of change, short interval planning and conflicting priorities
- Reporting progress against schedule to the Principal Safety Engineer
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures