Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Watkins, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently recruiting for an I&E Technician II with extensive Petrochemical and Oil experience. This position will be located in Watkins, CO.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Skills / Qualifications
Working knowledge of AGA - 3 1985 & 1992 Standards, API 14.3, and GPA 2166-86
Proficient with Fisher ROC / FloBoss 107 and FB2200 FieldTools
Proficient with programming and troubleshooting SCADAPack
- Provides electrical, electronics, communications, and instrumentation support to maintain meters, pipelines, and compressor facilities in a manner that is safe, efficient and environmentally sound
Maintains and optimizes SCADA communications systems and programmable logic controllers
Performs routine maintenance of meter tubes and electronic flow computers/analyzer, and other quality spec monitors in system
Installs, troubleshoots, calibrates, and maintains electrical, pneumatic, process controls and new equipment as projects dictate
Oversees, monitors, & witnesses: Grounding/Breaker Installation/Terminations/Continuity checks/Instrument Installation/Loop checks/System Function checks/P&ID check outs of contractor's work execution during Capital Project installation
Oversees, monitors, witnesses, and checks out: SCADA installation, Hook-Up, Programming, acceptance checks of Contractor's installation of Capital Project scope of work
Maintains high safety standards during construction and participate in the PSSR walkdown at the completion of the project
After hours call outs for measurement and communications down
- Carries out maintenance, repairs, calibration, programming and troubleshooting of all PLC, DCS, Fire and Gas systems (hardware and software) associated with controlling facilities
- Maintains communications protocols for the various networks and hardware for human-machine interfaces (HMI)
- Loads and configures software on microprocessors and computerized systems
- Organizes and maintains backup copies of the facility's PLCs and programmable equipment
- Tests, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs various flow, level, pressure and temperature transmitters and their associated control valves
- Carries out work on all instrumentation and electrical equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner under a "Permit to Work" system
- Recommends all remedial actions necessary to prevent possible recurrence
- Complies with all corporate policies and fully participates in the STOP program (Safety Training Observation Program)
- Reviews and become familiar with the Client's equipment and maintenance procedures
Intermediate level, typically 3-5 years of experience
Associate's or Technical degree in Instrumentation, Electronics, or Electrical Technology
Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support
General working knowledge of specific systems, terminology and procedures used within the department
Performs routine tasks
Able to solve problems and make basic decisions
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.