Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Buyer on a contract basis to undertake effective execution of all aspects of procurement including negotiation, evaluation, award and post award management of procurement activity.
- Assuring on time delivery of the correct quality goods and services at the best overall value.
- Maximising procurement opportunities through standardisation, supplier relationship management and volume leverage.
- Delivering on behalf of our clients as well as contributing to key functional objectives.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of procurement and expediting activities that they are responsible for.
- Responsible for the end to end sourcing process for the low/medium risk procurement activity assigned to them.
- Carry out price negotiations with suppliers to achieve demonstrable price reductions and capturing all internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan
- Ensures all procurement activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures.
- Update the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to supply chain management.
- Utilisation of Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR) supplemented when required by project/client approved supplier registers for supplier evaluation, audit, and selection.
- Carry out Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management ensuring corrective actions are taken where required.
- Carry out all activity in accordance with the Wood Supply Chain Code of Conduct, ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and applicable processes and procedures are complied with and all documents are filed accurately and
- fully auditable.
- Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety commitment.
- Understands and lives Woods vision, values and behaviours.
- Understands and works to the Wood Financial Management Framework.
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified to ISCED Level 3 (Upper Secondary)
- Record of skills training appropriate for job specific role
Job specific experience:
- Procurement experience demonstrating results
- Detailed knowledge of Suppliers
- ERP systems
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Commercial Evaluations &, negotiations
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Strong communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- Positively maintain relationships with suppliers and other disciplines
- Planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic proactive attitude
- Adaptability and Problem Solving skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.