Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Maintenance Technician to join the team on CNOOC Buzzard on a core long term basis, 2/3 rotation.
The successful candidate will perform maintenance routines on platform electrical systems as part of multi discipline team.
- Authorised person to effect the isolation of electrical equipment, specifically HV where authorised.
- Installs, troubleshoots, maintains and services electrical distributing systems, motors, generators, rheostats, control panels, switchgear, voltage regulators, rectifiers, electronic equipment, transformers, meters and automation equipment and controls in liaison with other departments to ensure continuity of safe operations.
- Keeps an adequate supply of electrical supplies and spare parts and prepares requisitions for items as needed.
- Maintains good housekeeping conditions in electrical workshop, job sites and switch rooms.
- Witness cable tests, test runs of vendor/specialist repaired equipment/plant and sign documentation to verify acceptance.
- Observe Company safety rules and regulations, including permit to work system and comply with same and puts forward suggestions and develop modification requests as necessary to improve plant/equipment efficiency/safety of operations.
- Ensure "as built" drawings are updated and on passed to draughting via Supervisor/Discipline Engineers.
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- COMPEX & Hazardous Areas Training.
- SVQ3 - Maintaining Plant & Systems - Electrical.
- HV switching.
- C&G/ONC/HNC or equivalent Electrical background.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.