Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Planner Supports the implementation of project schedule management programmes that provide an accurate reflection of project performance at a project and programme level.
- Understand the corporate and contract specific planning procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these
- Study and understand all relevant project documents pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedules
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel, pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedules
- Maintain a good working knowledge of relevant scheduling software
- Prepare sensible and achievable schedules as logical networks, with single start and single finish activities
- Gather accurate progress and expended man hours information at relevant time intervals
- Prepare all relevant reports and issue in a timely manner
- Verbally and in writing advise project and discipline personnel on impacts, contingencies and generally guide the scopes towards the earliest possible finish
- Support senior and lead planning personnel as appropriate
- Supervise junior and assistant personnel, including checking their work
- Liaise with cost discipline in the control and forecasting of man hour budgets and ensuring that all scopes including change requests are included in the schedules
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required
- Where required assist with and input to the auditing process
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in relevant technical or business discipline or can be substituted by suitable industry experience.
- Industry experience in a Project Controls planning position.
- Must have detailed knowledge of and familiarity with manual and computerised project planning and scheduling techniques
- Effective/competent Computerised systems skills
- Good understanding of project management principles and techniques.
- Understanding of Cost management, Estimating, Change control, Risk analysis and Planning.
- Meets all competency criteria.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.