Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Construction Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Workpack Engineers with experience in the Oil & Gas Petrochemical Industry.
The purpose of this role is to project manage the appraisal studies required to frame the likely forward scopes to keep Triton operational for 10 to 15 years. This will require the chosen person to create a studies team, scope the required work/studies, contract with companies, manage the associated study requirements, ensure that the scopes are delivered with clear recommendations for the what and the how and throughout this process, ensure that the various stakeholders and partners are kept informed and aligned.
Close liaison with existing Dana teams and consultants is key to success of this work, as many of the studies will rely on input and possibly management from these existing teams.
Depending on the candidate and the recommended chosen way forward, the role may progress through to the next stages of delivery.
Selection and management of the overall appraisal team. Ensuring adequate processes and checks are in place to ensure the quality of the work Compiling the appraisal plan and budget, and performance managing to delivery on time and within budget.
Reporting against progress Attending / leading stakeholder and partner meetings to report against progress Compiling final study recommendations, including ensuring associated economic assessments are completed
Compiling plans for the next stage of work
Familiarize with the One Dana Management System and its meaning for day to-day work and be aware of all associated risks for People, the Environment, Assets and Reputation (PEAR) Report any incident, near miss, hazards unsafe acts/situations and improvement suggestions
The Workpack Engineer provides engineering discipline support to the construction team from the development to the construction phase, inclusive of design constructability, supporting specially the project execution, assuring achievement of the plan in terms of quality, time and budget in compliance with the Company's HSSE and technical standards as well as established policies.
- Authoring and compilation of construction Mechanical workpacks.
- Production of jobcards.
- Production of method statements.
- Production of weight control data sheets.
- construction readiness are clearly identified within the Mechanical workpack.
- Ensure all aspects of the Statement of Requirement (SOR) and Scope of Work (SOW) are addressed within the workpack.
- Identify increase or reduction in scope, raising the necessary support documentation within the Change Management process.
- Generate the estimated construction man hours and costs for construction scopes, materials and equipment into Project CTR.s.
- Interface with QHSE Engineer to ensure all necessary safety content is contained within the Mechanical workpack.
- Provide technical, ethical, professional leadership, support and mentoring within the discipline team.
- Respect colleagues, clients and subcontractors at all levels, dealing with any dispute or conflict in a professional and personable manner.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree Qualified Engineer with significant oil and gas experience within at leadership level, and ideally part of career within an operator environment.
- Familiar with FPSO design and operations, and ideally refurbishment campaigns.
- Experience with appraisal / study work, ideally FPSO based Previous experience with FPSO assessments and refurbishment campaigns preferred.
- Understanding/ experience with integrity based assessments and fundamentals Proven track record in managing large diverse study teams .
- Strong safety leadership behaviours.
- Proven track record of delivering activities to plan and budget and under challenging environments.
- Expert level understanding of planning, cost estimation and cost management.
- Track record of delivering outcomes within functional organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills Strong collaborative skills .
- Ability to motivate diverse teams across multiple locations. Ability to challenge norms and deliver successful business outcomes.
- Willingness to travel offshore
- Ability to influence and drive a collaborative culture across our business.
- Flexibility to manage changes in understanding/awareness of new information whilst driving towards a defined goal.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines and react to requirements in a professional manner Strong communicational skills both written and verbal.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.