Job Title - Capital Project ManagerLocation - Houston, TX Employee Type - Permanent Summary
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client, a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, has a permanent opportunity for a Capital Project Manager to be based in Houston, TX.Objective
The Capital Project Manager will be responsible for Front-end loading and EPC for the unit. The individual will support the project director and other members of the team in developing detailed plans for pre-commissioning, commissioning, and startup of plant and will support delivery of the plant safely, on time, in budget, and conform to all applicable environmental, safety and other regulations, site requirements, while meeting design performance requirements.Essential Functions
Required Education and Experience
- Supports the Project Director's efforts to develop and recommend the contract strategy for each stage of the project
- Executes FEL 2, FEL 3, and EPC for unit in accordance with the detailed work plan (PEP) for the overall Project
- Assures appropriate application and integration of Risk Management Practices, and industry accepted Best Practices
- Directs execution of the Project for the unit according to the overall Project Plan
- Reviews the quality of the work completed with the Project Team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the Project standards
- Interfaces with PD and Manufacturing Manager to coordinate technical resource support for Unit
- Assures the unit is within the Project comply with all relevant Company, Legal and Regulatory policies, principles, and practices
- Solid understanding of unit operations, Rotating and Static equipment experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, advanced degree a plus
- A minimum 12 years' experience in engineering and significant project management experience within the chemical industry.
- Experience in successfully delivering major capital projects and negotiating the associated contracts
- Some experience in business management a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a global manufaturer of Petrochemicals who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.