Job Description Contracting & Procurement Professional (m/f/d)
Do you have what it takes to close the best deals for our Manufacturing business?
For this unique opportunity in the fast-moving energy sector we are looking for a Contracting & Procurement Professional with in-depth experience in strategic contracting & procurement in an asset-driven environment.Where you fit in
Rheinland Refinery is the largest refinery in Germany and one of the largest in Shell's global Manufacturing organization. The crude oil processing capacity of the integrated fuel and petrochemical site is 17 million tons per annum. It provides approximately 11% of the total diesel and gasoline consumption in Germany as well as 15% of the kerosene consumption and is an important feedstock supplier to the German chemical industry. As a Contracting & Procurement Professional you will play an integral role in maintaining and strengthening competitiveness and profitability. You will participate in an exciting business environment and contribute to our Energy Transition journey.What's the role?
The purpose of this role is to act as commercial business partner and provide the Manufacturing business in Rheinland Refinery with top-quartile contracting and procurement professionalism to realize cost savings and other business objectives in the Maintenance, Turnaround and Projects activities portfolio. The job holder is accountable for the negotiation of best in class commercial deals, while ensuring safe operations and process compliance.
The Contracting & Procurement Professional will:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of supply market in respective categories
- Translate business need into commercial contract strategy and execute plan
- Negotiate best in class contracts that meet business objectives and ensure supply of required resources
- Drive top-quartile Contract Management, i.e. ensure delivery of resources, compliance with agreed terms and conditions and continuously drive further value improvements
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with (key) suppliers
- Ensure strong connect across the wider organization to leverage of best practices
One of today's biggest challenges is to reduce emissions in times of rising demand for energy in all aspects of everyday life. As one of the largest suppliers of energy products for private individuals as well as public sectors Shell is actively contributing to providing cleaner energy solutions.
In Germany we employ 3,500 colleagues who work together along the value chain from research and development to manufacturing and distribution of all our products incl. petrochemicals, fuels and lubricants, gas and power as well as an expanding new energies business.
At Shell, we're all about top talent. We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace by making Shell as appealing and supportive a place to work as possible e.g. with flexible working and transparent pay policies, backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. Furthermore, we encourage anyone who may face an impairment to see Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. Just let us know about your circumstances and we can support you throughout the process, if needed.Requirements What we need from you
This role is to a large extent of a "deal making" nature in a fast-moving business environment. Close collaboration with a diverse network of external and internal stakeholders is essential. Therefore, we are looking for a highly skilled negotiator who can build and nurture relationships to create long-term value for the business. Furthermore, we are looking for a Contracting & Procurement professional who has:
- Bachelor/master's degree in business studies, industrial engineering, law or similar
- Contracting & Procurement experience of at least 5 years including a track record of strategy development and execution, commercial contract negotiations, post award contract management activities and external business relationship management
- Experience in a production asset environment, preferably within the process industry
- The ability to translate data into commercial insights to enable decision making
- Enthusiasm, high energy and team player with 'can do' attitude and willingness to drive change
- Fluency in both German and English
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.