Skills: Electrical Engineering, Construction Engineer, Construction Manager
Other Skills: Electrical, Instrumentation, Construction Supervisor, Construction Lead, E&I
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity to become an integral part of our Projects team where you will oversee all electrical and instrumentation aspects within the Projects Department for onshore and offshore construction / implementation works.
Reporting directly to our Projects Manager, you will have responsibility for ensuring work is carried out in a safe manner at all times, as well as having a sound understanding of the working environment, cascading and enforcing to the workforce under your control on a regular basis.
You must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of electrical systems, electrical safety rules and hazardous area equipment and installation methods within the relevant locations. You should have the ability to identify problems and issues and be either able to resolve or report back to management structure accordingly.
This position is primarily based in our Norwich office with a requirement to travel to our offshore sites as required.
Key responsibilities include:
• Effective supervision of work force to achieve project goals to completion of planned activities.
• Identify hazardous area equipment and understand installation methods and possible issues associated.
• Co-ordinate testing and inspection.
• Coordinate associated commissioning teams.
• Liaise between onshore and offshore personnel to ensure delivery of modifications to equipment and systems in a safe and timely manner.
• Liaise with relevant operations and understand operational requirements.
• Control of work and completion of documentation to allow close out of work scopes.
• Prepare daily construction progress reports and distribute accordingly.
• Forecast and identify construction issues such as; materials, manning, and operational requirements etc that may impact project progress.
• Manage and assess sub-contractor and vendor competency and deal with accordingly. Co-ordinate and communicate best practices of electrical standards and Perenco UK guidelines.
• Understand and work from work packs, as built relevant drawings and documentation; complete relevant handover certification and documentation to a satisfactory standard.
• Supply input for additional workscope, including, but not limited to, work packs, inspections and surveys.
• Awareness of different types of Instrumentation (Flow, Pressure, Level, Temperature) and methods of installation.
• Awareness of Instrument Commissioning methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of LV electrical systems.
• Comply with Perenco UK (PUK) guidelines with regard to safe working.
• Become familiar with the Perenco permit to work (P2W) system.
• Identify risks and hazards and carry out risk assessments where necessary.
Qualifications / Experience
• Previous offshore experience, preferred minimum 10 years
• NVQ or equivalent in relevant discipline
• General knowledge of MS Office
• Must be proactive, able to work from own initiative, be a good team player, and have good leadership and communication skills.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Excellent Pension Provision
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance