Leicester, United Kingdom
Leicester, United Kingdom
Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Leicester, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Transmission and Distribution (T&D) are seeking the services of a Supply Chain Specialist to be based in our offices in Leicester for a period of approx. 4 months.
Responsible for the execution of specific aspects of supply chain including expediting, procurement, subcontracts, negotiation and reporting of medium risk procurement packages/subcontracts.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of all supply chain activities that they are responsible for.
- Responsible for the end to end sourcing process (Strategy through Close Out) for the medium risk procurement/subcontract packages assigned to them.
- Ensures all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan and/or contracting strategy and in line with project processes and procedures.
- Update the project / procurement status report in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to the supply chain lead.
- Attend regular procurement status meetings with client, engineering and/or project management personnel to ensure dates for pre-order deliverables within their portfolio are being maintained.
- Utilisation of project/client approved supplier registers, supplier selection and performance management ensuring corrective actions are taken where required.
- Ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and procedures are complied with and all actions are fully auditable.
- Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety awareness at all times.
Skills / Qualifications
- Procurement experience within the T&D Sector and knowledge of material required for T&D projects.
- A suitable qualification in Supply Chain and Procurement is preferred such as CIPS, Degree, NVQ or BTEC Qualification.
- A good working understanding of various procurement systems e.g. Siteman, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and ProjectWise.
- Project Procurement including formulating ITTs and commercial evaluation.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiating and networking skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Confidence in working with figures and the ability to use spreadsheets.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.