Skills: Process Engineer, Technical Manager
Other Skills: Senior Process Engineer, Process Technical Authority
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This role shall be responsible for providing Process support and assurance across all Perenco UK SNS operational offshore and onshore assets. There will be responsibility to own and ensure compliance with company Process performance standards and HSE legislations.
In view of the nature of this role flexibility is required to work from our base Norwich, with routine visits to our offshore assets and terminals.
Key responsibilities include:
• Discipline owner of performance standards, maintenance strategies and Written Scheme of examination
• Discipline owner for maintenance routines (PMTs / PMRs)
• Assurance of, and, where required, approval of technical modifications to Performance Standards, Maintenance Routines and Written Scheme of examination
• Discipline focal point for regulators and external agencies
• Discipline focal point for technical risk identification and advice to Operations Management
• Technical approval for SORs and PeMOCs
• Technical input to risk assessments (from HAZOPs, TRMs, ORAs, etc)
• Technical incident investigation
• Promote discipline 'best practice' through networking groups / forums
• Develop and assess relevant discipline competency framework and training requirements
• Assist with discipline recruitment at all levels
• Act as technical mentor for engineers, technicians, graduates and students
• Carry out technical elements of competency reviews for discipline engineering personnel
• Discipline owner of PUK standards and policies
• Conduct periodic reviews of SNS standards and policies to ensure compliance
• Ensure correct application of relevant SNS and industry standards, policies and practices
• Approve technical deviations from SNS standards and policies (with appropriate RA)
• Carry out technical oversight and assurance of discipline related activities as mandated by PUK assurance processes. Typically this will include:-
o Site Assurance Surveys
o Leadership Field Assessments
o Local Investigations
o Work-order/ Repair Order completion sample reviews
o Management of Change Audits
Safety Critical Tasks
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
Qualifications / Experience:
• Ideally a Chartered Engineer in good standing with the Institute controlling the TA discipline or demonstrably working towards chartership.
• A higher Degree in a directly related discipline.
• A minimum of 10 years' experience in a directly comparable technical environment.
Perenco UK may appoint Technical Authorities based upon experience alone. This will be case dependent, but should consider the following criteria:-
• Previous experience of developing and approval of maintenance and integrity strategies.
• Previous experience of developing and managing the delivery of the applicable Performance Standards.
A proven record of technical management within the appointed discipline.
• A full understanding and a record of implementing the applicable regulation, codes and standards applicable to the full remit of PUK operations.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision