Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a start-up - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGE Co, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Full - Time Regular
An opening for Field Specialist General - Wireline based in Australia. Senior Field Engineers or suitably experienced Field Engineers are encouraged to apply. Essential Responsibilities:
- Under broad direction receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on wellsite activities.
- Works with wireline operators on location to assemble and run any number of scheduled wireline operations, including RCX Sentinel, Acoustic and Resistivity Imaging, Standard Petro-physical Evaluation tools, Rotary and Percussion Coring, Cement Evaluation
- Heavily involved in pre-job planning with Operations Manager and Customer Service manager with pre-job planning - Cerberus modelling, equipment allocation and tracking, SAP equipment maintenance histories, technical risk assessment and Service Delivery program development.
- Assists with the training of local personnel in best practices and published standard operating procedures, facilitating knowledge transfer and developing local Lessons Learned with regional service delivery Manager where applicable
- Assisting to develop and maintains records and communications as required by Operations Manager.
- Assist to re-develop and re-define local procedures to assist with start-up of land operations
- Performs other related duties as required. Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Performs assembly, checking, and loading necessary equipment required for scheduled Wireline Logging downhole logging jobs, including operations and maintenance of equipment and facility.
- Two year Technical Degree preferred.
- Industry experience and product line training required
- Has an excellent sense of teamwork, able to effectively manage wireline personnel in an onshore and offshore environment.
- Competence in a range of deployment techniques (PCL, Tractor, Slickline memory, pump down) is desirable, but not mandatory
- Competence with grease injection pressure control equipment and Semi-submersible offshore rigs is desirable, but not mandatory
- Individual motivation to concentrate on, and develop, personnel competency gaps to continue their learning curve within the industry.
Locations: Perth, Australia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more