Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: NDT Technician, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Radiography Application Specialist will be a vital member of the Inspection Technologies team, as this role will be responsible for complying with regulatory requirements (NOC, type approval of x-ray products and all other regulatory compliance as stipulated by AERB / BARC. This specialist will also do in-house & customer-site demonstration & training of digital radiography, computed tomography,
Essential Responsibilities:In the role of Radiography Application Specialist, you will:
• Own total responsibility of all AERB/BARC related compliance activities for our products.
• Support customers on AERB compliance & responsibility as Radiation Safety Officer for BHGE M&C India.
• Will be responsible for BHGE internal compliance (wrt AERB regulation) of the products.
• Assist technical demonstration of digital radiography systems
• Ensure you have in-depth knowledge of CT/software w.r.t. our products and are up-to-date with the technologies involved
• Provide application training after installation of the products
• Ensure all activities are performed safely proactively complying with BHGE HSE programs & systems to provide complete transparency to potential hazards
• Ensure AERB compliance on product produce zero deficiencies & enable smooth support to sales team
• Partner with Application Engineering team globally to ensure to learn and support customer's better
• Obtain Level-1/Level-2 qualification/certification to perform CT/CR application through competency
• Timely communication to internal & external customers related to queries on application.
• Develop a proactive, forward-thinking mindset for finding new ways of working, simplifying processes & documentation.Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor of Engineering from an accredited college or university accredited school or institution with a minimum 2 years of experience in digital radiography/CT.
• Valid BARC - RT Level 2 certification for at least one year
This position needs 50% travel
Desired Characteristics:• Technical Certification in Radiography, Radioscopy, Computed Radiography, Direct (Digital) Radiography etc.
• Strong oral & written communication skills
• Ability to present solutions to customer highlighting advantages vis a vis competition.
• Demonstrable understanding of electronic &/or mechanical engineering drawings
• Proven ability in the assembly, maintenance & preparation of mechanical &/or electronic equipment
• Demonstrated ability at developing a culture & mindset of one team delivering collaboratively, with personal accountability & anticipation
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more